Your hotel website is often a potential guests’ first impression of your property. You need a website that speaks to them and makes them want to immediately whip out their credit cards and book a stay. You need to increase conversions on your website. But how do you do that?
- Invoke Emotion: Do guests stay at your hotel to relax? For a family vacation? Publish copy that reminds guests why they are researching your property and why they absolutely need to stay there by tugging at their heartstrings.
- Make Guests Like You: Use copy that speaks like your target guest, tells a story, and creates realistic settings guests can picture themselves in.
- Make it Urgent: Guests don’t want to miss out; remind them when you have limited availability. You can also display how many people have booked a room at your property recently.
- Keep your Booking Engine Simple: Complicated processes often get abandoned. Here, less is more. Use default settings to fill in number of nights or number of people and minimize the number of clicks.
- Reduce Buyer’s Remorse: In your confirmation and pre-stay emails, remind guests why they booked at your hotel and why their trip will be exactly what they’re looking for. This will go a long way towards reducing the number of cancellations.
- Be Valuable: Produce content or special offers that are of value to guests. Hotels that provide value upfront will be more impressive than hotels that appear to only offer a bed.
- Be an Expert: Travelers often look to locals as the experts in a new city. Luckily for hotels, their staff is often comprised of locals. Tap into your employees’ knowledge and feature their favorite restaurants, outdoor activities, or shops in the area.
Interested in Digital Marketing?
Talk to Us Online or give us a call at 978.465.5955